This blog has moved:

http://www.thebuckmans.com/Mory

In addition to my current writing, all the old posts are collected on the new page.
(You can use your browser's "find" function to find what you're interested in there.)
Your browser does not support Javascript.
This site requires Javascript.
You can see where this becomes a problem.
Without Javascript,
Many posts will look wrong
Comments are inaccessible
Interactive dialogues won't function
Hidden text will never be revealed
The sidebars will not open

If you choose to continue, be warned
That you are missing crucial elements
Of I Am Not's design.

Wednesday, September 02, 2009

~I hate our dog.

Wednesday, September 02, 2009

I hate our dog.

Dena barbecued some delicious meat for supper. I joked with Miriam afterward that pretty soon she'd start charging us. It was excellent. We usually only get meat on Shabbat, when it's reheated and not as tasty. But this was expensive meat which we were getting right off the grill.

You probably see where this story is going. I was watching a TV show (B'Tipul) when we heard a sound from downstairs and got concerned that Fudgie was up to something. So I went down and pushed all the chairs in, so that she wouldn't have a way to climb up. And then Dena covered the meat, to make extra sure.

Our father came home, and didn't understand why there wasn't any meat left. Dena didn't understand- there'd been a lot of meat left for him. She asked if I had come down and had some more. And then they saw Fudgie, eating away on her mat.

Yesterday I liked Fudgie. Not nearly as much as Pussywillow, but she was a good dog. She knew her place. Now I despise Fudgie. I've hit her a few times, but I still don't think she really understands. She's still licking her lips, thinking about how great that meat was. I'm sure she's figured out that we're angry at her, but I don't think that'd be enough to prevent her from doing it again. Now she knows exactly how delicious the meat is that we eat. I can't think of anything to do with her, that would get her to understand just how wrong what she did was.

So now I don't feel like I can go back to my TV episode, excellent though it might be. The only thing I can think about is how much I hate Fudgie and how much I wish there was something I could do to her. Dena was really proud of that meat. Damn that dog.

662064614587990359

0 Comments:

Post a Comment