This blog has moved:

http://www.thebuckmans.com/Mory

In addition to my current writing, all the old posts are collected on the new page.
(You can use your browser's "find" function to find what you're interested in there.)
Your browser does not support Javascript.
This site requires Javascript.
You can see where this becomes a problem.
Without Javascript,
Many posts will look wrong
Comments are inaccessible
Interactive dialogues won't function
Hidden text will never be revealed
The sidebars will not open

If you choose to continue, be warned
That you are missing crucial elements
Of I Am Not's design.

Wednesday, September 02, 2009

~Some perspective (to make myself feel better)

Some perspective (to make myself feel better)

In the first year or two I was composing music, I only wrote one piece (of around five minutes) with an ending. The quality of it aside (It was bad.), that means I wasn't ever working on it very hard. I had lots of other little ideas, but none of them were longer than around ten seconds. Actual compositions with a beginning and an end, those I didn't write quickly.

Nowadays, I think it's fair to say that I compose around four pieces of comparable length (somewhere between two and ten minutes) each year. That's not amazing, but it's respectable. Working on music has just become a habit, it's not something that I need to put much effort into to get that output.

So when I'm yelling at myself for not working, maybe I should take a step back and realize that this is still just one year into making games. I'll get quicker.



..I wish Moshe were here. I wonder when he gets back from South Africa.

8196045620539545677

0 Comments:

Post a Comment