This blog has moved:

http://www.thebuckmans.com/Mory

In addition to my current writing, all the old posts are collected on the new page.
(You can use your browser's "find" function to find what you're interested in there.)
Your browser does not support Javascript.
This site requires Javascript.
You can see where this becomes a problem.
Without Javascript,
Many posts will look wrong
Comments are inaccessible
Interactive dialogues won't function
Hidden text will never be revealed
The sidebars will not open

If you choose to continue, be warned
That you are missing crucial elements
Of I Am Not's design.

Friday, August 29, 2008

Okay, this is going nowhere. I put more restrictions on my computer, and still I find endless ways to not work. Clearly I've got to go back to the punishing system, under which I was actually getting things done.

I have very little done so far. I've got a roughly half-complete model of how it'd work in my head, a small portion of which I've put to virtual paper. I don't think it will be necessary to write out the plan ahead of programming as I did with Smilie, so this isn't a problem. As for the actual programming, I've made a working version of the formula the whole game will revolve around. Thanks to Tamir for filling in the bit of math I was having trouble with. Anyway, it's a really simple formula which should have taken me roughly ten minutes to program. That's all I've got.

The next step is to construct a simplified mock-up of the gameplay. It will not be fun in that state but it'll get me to figure out how the actual game needs to be programmed behind the scenes. (I can't draw on experience, obviously.)

So. Starting Sunday, I get serious. No excuses.

For now, though… back to the excellent Stargate: Atlantis. I might just catch up in time for the third Stargate series to start.

6091029788011104024

2 Comments:

Best thing about SGA; The best character is Canadian :)

It's been so long since the strike I'd totally forgotten that new shows were actually going to be produced again. Yay.

If you need any help with programming or design, let me know btw. I love that sort of stuff.

 
There have been six episodes of SGA's fifth and final season already. It's nice to not have to worry about spoilers anymore. Anyway, Atlantis will end with its 100th episode and then a few months later Stargate: Universe begins. There will never be a lack of entertainment. Atlantis will continue in DVD movies alongside SG-1. Speaking of which, I agree with you about Ark of Truth. It is bad.

 

Post a Comment