This blog has moved:

http://www.thebuckmans.com/Mory

In addition to my current writing, all the old posts are collected on the new page.
(You can use your browser's "find" function to find what you're interested in there.)
Your browser does not support Javascript.
This site requires Javascript.
You can see where this becomes a problem.
Without Javascript,
Many posts will look wrong
Comments are inaccessible
Interactive dialogues won't function
Hidden text will never be revealed
The sidebars will not open

If you choose to continue, be warned
That you are missing crucial elements
Of I Am Not's design.

Thursday, December 04, 2008

This is going to work.

Previously:
title="24/12/2007">Inspiration•
Fulfilling needs
This is when you ask "What should I do?".

It's the easiest kind of inspiration, probably because we're all so experienced in it from dreaming. You're missing something in your life, so you invent it.
30 minutes ago, I was just waking up. As I lay in bed, I remembered that this was the day the trial for the new version of BlitzMax ran out. (The old version I procured illegally, and it gave me many problems.) I'll have to buy it in a day or two, but for now I'd like to get some work in before time runs out.

Anyway, I was lying in bed thinking about this, and suddenly (I don't think there was even much conscious thought involved) bits of code started popping up in my head. I didn't know what the specific commands were, but I saw the BlitzMax IDE in my head, with all the code written on it, and I was jumping back and forth saying "This line here needs a slight tweak, there needs to be a big block of code down here eventually, there needs to be another function here, which I'll then call from here.". I saw what the game needed to work, I saw answers to questions I hadn't consciously considered, I saw bits of text which I'd need to include in the tutorial.

This is going to work.

4598447141799264159

0 Comments:

Post a Comment