This blog has moved:

http://www.thebuckmans.com/Mory

In addition to my current writing, all the old posts are collected on the new page.
(You can use your browser's "find" function to find what you're interested in there.)
Your browser does not support Javascript.
This site requires Javascript.
You can see where this becomes a problem.
Without Javascript,
Many posts will look wrong
Comments are inaccessible
Interactive dialogues won't function
Hidden text will never be revealed
The sidebars will not open

If you choose to continue, be warned
That you are missing crucial elements
Of I Am Not's design.

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Aw, to heck with it.

When Moshe told me he was auditioning for the musical 1776, I congratulated him but didn't really think to try out for myself. When I was (too briefly) in the Beauty & the Beast cast, I made a total fool of myself. Not just the way I always hurt my teams in the warm-up games, but the whole audition and my pitiful attempts to dance…

It wasn't really an option to go through that again, y'know?

But then, yesterday, my mother e-mailed me the notice for auditions. And I thought about it. And I'm going to go there today.

I didn't know what song to bring to audition with. They said it should be musical-type music, and that it should highlight acting ability, and that there should be contrast in it. And I didn't really have a song like that. So last night and today, I made up a new one. Lyrics and everything. And now that I have that, I'm feeling much more confident about the whole thing.

Here are the lyrics:
It's been dark out for so long,
I've almost forgotten what the light looks like.
Can the world be as inviting as I picture it to be?
What if my heading is all wrong?
I turn for every flicker that I see!
Each time my heart beats quicker- is this it?
My destiny?

I think I hear music in the distance-
There must be someone there who sees the notes.
I think I feel wind across my shoulder-
Is it there?
Is it there?

I've been walking for so long.
My legs say to stop, and I still move onward.
With each step I wonder: is there any place for me?
I look around for any sign
But the sound is just an echo, and the feeling is a distant memory.

4138435947118006529

2 Comments:

pity we cant here it to music...
Shhh don't encourage him!
who the hell are you?
oops.

 
I've thought about posting the music somehow, but if I posted it down here no one would ever notice it, and I've never seen any reason to put it at the top. There's also music for the "About Me" poem; same story.

 

Post a Comment