This blog has moved:

http://www.thebuckmans.com/Mory

In addition to my current writing, all the old posts are collected on the new page.
(You can use your browser's "find" function to find what you're interested in there.)
Your browser does not support Javascript.
This site requires Javascript.
You can see where this becomes a problem.
Without Javascript,
Many posts will look wrong
Comments are inaccessible
Interactive dialogues won't function
Hidden text will never be revealed
The sidebars will not open

If you choose to continue, be warned
That you are missing crucial elements
Of I Am Not's design.

Friday, March 28, 2008

Progress report:
There has been no progress.
This is unacceptable.
Subject may be responsive to deadlines,
Evidence: successful Megillah readings.
Solution.
This report will now be suspended.
Continue on Monday (31/3).


Update
It is now Monday.
Subject has not made progress.
I genuinely tried, I really did. I've been trying for hours now. I'm just stuck. I can't get the math to work out. I've been fighting with the way BlitzMax uses variables, and I've been fighting so much I can't even think of what it is I'm trying to do anymore. I'm just totally lost.
Excuses.
There has been no progress.
You may not write a post.
I understand.
This post will be followed only by another progress report.
But that'll ruin the blog! What if I can never finish this page?
Then this post will be followed by an infinite number of progress reports.
I did my best! What do you want from me- I'm not a programmer.
You must become a programmer.
Your excuses will stop now.



Update, update, update! I finished page seven! And it's still Monday!
Checking file…
Confirmed.
Page 7 complete.
Posting privileges granted.

7313445052464379652

5 Comments:

I find that the two things that really get me to be productive are deadlines and working with other people. I don't know who you could work with, but I felt like I should mention it.

 
Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-).

 
If I can't work out my problems with Smilie, this blog is not going to be likeable or interesting for much longer. It will just be a monument to my failure as a human being.

 
I should have mentioned in the post what motivated me so quickly: For an hour or so after writing the post I was seriously depressed. I didn't want to do anything that I'd enjoy: playing games, reading comics, watching TV shows, browsing the web. I couldn't take my mind off my lack of self-respect, and I knew there was no way around it except to write page 7. So I wrote page 7.

 
If you want any mathy programming help with anything, I'm happy to consult on such things :)

 

Post a Comment