This blog has moved:

http://www.thebuckmans.com/Mory

In addition to my current writing, all the old posts are collected on the new page.
(You can use your browser's "find" function to find what you're interested in there.)
Your browser does not support Javascript.
This site requires Javascript.
You can see where this becomes a problem.
Without Javascript,
Many posts will look wrong
Comments are inaccessible
Interactive dialogues won't function
Hidden text will never be revealed
The sidebars will not open

If you choose to continue, be warned
That you are missing crucial elements
Of I Am Not's design.

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Almost Possible

A few weeks ago, I was cast into the chorus of a production of Beauty and the Beast. I was really excited about the opportunity because I'm a big fan of Alan Menken's music. I was disappointed to not get a bigger part, but I understood on a rational level that I wasn't good enough for any more than chorus.

The play has since been canceled, which was both a relief and a disappointment. A relief, because I had started to get scared by the responsibility of being there. Hearing the news was like a weight taken off my shoulders.

But on the other hand, it had just started to get fun. It was just like old times, in the chorus with Uri Aharon at Dvir. Once again I had my small group of peers I sat with, this time including Moshe! Once again I was working with a very nice singing director- in this case Moshe's sister Aviella. Once again I acted like a know-it-all, correcting the director at every perceived mistake, to overcompensate for not actually being very good. Once again I was going to my beloved Jerusalem on a regular basis. Once again I was making a fool of myself regularly. Yep, just like old times.

Oh well.



A while back, I went to meet a group of videogame creators in Tel Aviv.
That's it, you're done.
What? But I haven't-
You're done. Stop writing.

2850919019228815882

0 Comments:

Post a Comment